17 enero 2011

January sunshine

January is the month of the year I have never been fond of (July has always been my personal fave). Back home in Alaska/Washington State, it is 31 days of bitter cold that drag on and on, and bad things always seem to happen, from break ups, to loss of loved ones, to anything that brings complete misery to any stable white girl. New year's resolutions are usually broken by the 10th, the dark hours make it ever so hard to get out of bed, and promises of having a great Spring semester usually are never carried out until March or April rolls around and I'm able to take the snow tires off my car. One might guess I'm another SAD sufferer who could never return to the Great North of Alaska-- sorry mother land. It's crazy to think about where I might be living and what I will be doing 5 years from now; the future is wide open...

Anywho, take my vida, m
ove it thousands of miles away from the northern US of A, and none of that seems to be a problem. Thanks to the weather in Andalucía and all kinds of good happenings lately, it is turning out to be a wonderful start to 2011. As of the 10th, I am back to work, back to online classes, always trying to fit in errands and fun in between, and loving it. I should be having some visitors from América during the next few months and I'm soo excited to spend some time with them and show them around the place I call home. Probably moreso Sevilla than Huelva. Gotta love fresh air.

I'm feeling motivated, energetic, ready to get things done, and of course, with ganas to travel some more. Goals for the Spring include Istanbul (not Constintanople), Greece or Croatia, and of course, more travels around Spain and many weekends across the border in Portugal.

Come visit me!!!

January 2, 2011. At the beach. Nearly 70 F. Lovin' it. (jamón chips)

4 comentarios:

  1. Oooooo I really want to get to Croatia. Not sure if it'll happen this year, but let me know how it goes!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. ew jamon chips. the green bag ones are better! gosh you make me miss spain SO much. bah.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. looks like heaven! :) sunshine and warmth :)

    ResponderEliminar