04 marzo 2012

'Taking' decisions

Over the past month I've been comtemplating a decision I really didn't want to make: to stay in Spain another year or go back to the US (and when, June, July, September?). 

After much careful thought and weighing out of the options, I see myself getting on a plane bound for the other side of the pond much sooner than I had expected.

It's looking like June 19th is the day I'll be taking off from Portugal in route for New York to visit friends for a few days, then to Seattle to see the family, and a few days later, my hometown, Sitka, Alaska. My heart wants to be in both Spain and Alaska, but seeing that by staying here I'd be breaking even every month and in Alaska I could possibly save a few thousand dollars to go back to school, logic has made the decision for me.

So, suddenly I only have 100-some days left here and well, all I can say is that they are going to be taken advantage of. I want to see and do as much as I possibly can on my little 700€ monthly budget and more importantly, spend as much time as possible with all the wonderful people I've come to know in my two years here. This time I'm getting a one-way ticket out of here and sadly, I don't know when I'll be back.

2 comentarios:

  1. Ahhh leaving is hard. I wish you good luck.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you! I know, it's three months out and I've already cried about it with friends and coworkers :( That's so exciting you're coming back, I'm very happy for you and Mario!!

      Eliminar