14 junio 2012

The North

Llanes, Asturias

  After finding a 5€ RyanAir flight from Sevilla to Santander for June 7th, I decided it was finally time to see more of Northern Spain and visit a friend who had moved up there from Sevilla. Besides being unseasonably chilly, the North did not disappoint. I spent a few days in Santander, went to the Picos de Europa mountains, and then to Llanes and Oviedo, Asturias. After living for two years in Andalucía, going to the North gave me a bit of culture shock: it seems like a totally different country. The culture , accent, food, scenery, climate, were so distinct from Andalucía, yet there were little similarities that reminded me that both belong to Spain. I have always loved the North of Spain and now have been able to see Galicia, Castilla Leon, Asturias, Cantábria, Each of them is unique in their own way and I would love to explore more of those regions when I get the chance to return to Spain.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario