12 septiembre 2010

Contenta.

Contenta. That basically explains how I feel after my first week in Spain. Contentísima may be a better word. I got to spend quality time in Sevilla with the amigas and familia, found a beautiful apartment in Huelva and already settled in, have a great roomie and a dog, have spoken zero English, hit the beautiful beaches, gone shopping (ultimate Spain fashion makeover, jejeje gracias a Sara and Katya), laughed at the randomness of society, and all the while kept up with the ridiculous homework load of WSU online.




Punta Umbria, that is where I spent all day yesterday sleeping in the sunshine (with spf 50, of course) and swimming in the warm waters of the Atlantic. Without seeing any sharks. Thank you Shark Week for forever changing my view of swimming in the ocean.

Buenoo, I cannot believe how smoothly things have gone here already. From the moment I stepped through customs without being asked a single question, I haven't had any major problems. It seems like this time in Spain is so much easier because I knew what to expect coming in and I can actually speak their crazy language now. It is so valuable to be able to communicate because here in Huelva, I haven't come across a single person speaking English, which is actually pretty awesome because that means I'll be able to find a lot of work with private lessons, translating, etc.-- plus I already have my real job at the high school.

Well, I better get going on my mountain of homework I left for today. Being Sunday, the true day of rest in Spain, I get to stay at home all day learning the arts of Statistics, Geology, and Communication, then I´ll go for a long walk when it cools down tonight. I'm excited to see what kind of adventures this week brings with my visit with the police to do my residency paper work, my trip to Cartaya to meet co-workers, and Sevilla on Friday for some weekend fun, and a very special someone's birthday.

¡Hasta la próxima!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario