27 noviembre 2010

Entre pino y mar

Rain rain go away I´d really love to have clean clothes today... oh what I would do for fluffy warm clothes straight from the dryer, smelling of bounce static control sheets.. mmmm, America. The cabbage smelling rain in Huelva definitelyyy is not my favorite weather pattern, but, oh well. I´ll take it over the blizzards in Washington state any day of the year.

Life in eSpain has been just as good as usual, though very busy the past few weeks. The week days had been so full that I was managing maybe 4 hours of sleep a night.. it was like a university days flashback, except better because all morning I get to play teacher instead of student and I find that a lot more fun. My days at work are a mix of learning experiences, ridiculous hilarity, frustration, strange strange comments, and all kinds of language issues. Sometimes I can´t even speak the English correctly after hearing it be butchered all day. Then, I return home to my Scottish and English roommates and that´s a whole nother story of dialect fun... everyday is another adventure.

Too make up for the crazy weekdays, I have been having even better weekends. Last weekend I took a trip with some members of Team America and a London bloke over to Faro, Portugal. It was a great time. Some happenings of the weekend involved: friends getting detained at the Portuguese border and sent back to Spain, Obama in Lisboa, fake train rides, a drunken Brit who believed America was still a British colony, a mariachi man singing Juanes songs, boat rides to desert islands, churches made of human bones, a German who believed he was barbie, a science museum, street hot dogs with extra carrots, just the usual.

Human skulls and bones. How festive.


The highlight of this week was definitely being able to celebrate Thanksgiving with a great group of people in Cartaya: 4 ´mericans, 2 Kiwis, and 4 Spaniards. So much fun, good food, rioja, arts/crafts, Macy´s day parade, and thankfulness. I ended up falling asleep on their couch and woke up to find the blanket fairy had put a table cloth over me to stay warm. Definitely a holiday well done.


Thanksgiving dinner at the usual 10pm

It´s a nice rainy saturday and I need to get out and do the shopping, work on some projects, clean the casa, and then probably go out with some friends to see what there is. Christmas holiday plans are almost complete and Christmas day will be spent on a flight from Amsterdam to Basque Country, Spain, with my amiga, Allison. Thanks Vueling Airlines for your great deals.

Besos y abrazos, Cotrina

2 comentarios:

  1. heck yes! rain is way better than blizzards in WA!! :) :)

    did you decorate your apartment yet with Christmas stuff??? :)

    mucho love!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. we´ll be deckin the halls perty soon.. fake plastic tree, tacky lights, tinsel, any suggestions for some baking??

    stay warm!!!

    ResponderEliminar